SAATI TEXTIL PV QT
Textil PV is a Red pure photopolymer direct emulsion resistant to plastisol ink, abrasion and humidity.
- Water resistant when post exposed.
- Excellent print definition on any mesh.
- 42% solids content.
- Exposes eight times faster than a diazo or dual-cure emulsion.
Garment printing with plastisol ink.
- Red pure photopolymer direct emulsion resistant to plastisol ink, abrasion and humidity
- Water resistant when post exposed
- Excellent print definition on any mesh
- 42% solids content
- Exposes eight times faster than a diazo or dual-cure emulsion
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Handle under yellow safelight or low wattage tungsten lights. Avoid exposure to daylight, quartz/halogen lamps, cool white fluorescent lamps or discharge lamps.
Sensitizing & Mixing
Emulsion is presensitized during production and does not require mixing.
Mesh Preparation & Degreasing
Degrease and abrade new mesh with Saatichem Direct Prep 1 in order to optimize stencil adhesion; dry and
store the screen in a dust free, dry environment prior to coating. For more applications, thoroughly degrease
mesh prior to use with Saatichem Direct Prep 2.
Using a high quality scoop coater or coating through, apply one or two coats to the substrate side of the screen, followed by one or two coats on the squeegee side. For a thicker stencil, apply additional coats to the squeegee side prior to drying. For a higher quality stencil with a minimal increase in stencil thickness, apply one or two additional coats to the substrate side of the screen after the initial coats have dried.
Drying & Storage
Thoroughly dry the coated screen at a maximum temperature of 104°F (40°C) in a dust free, dark or yellow light area, with the substrate side facing down to optimize stencil quality. Coated screens should bestored in a dust free, dry, safelight environment.
Ensure that all surfaces, emulsion, film and glass are free of dust to minimize pinholes. Contact the emulsion side of the positive with the substrate side of the screen and secure in position before placing the screen in a suitable vacuum frame. Many variables, such as lamp type and age, distance from lamp to screen, mesh type and coating thickness, can affect exposure time. Perform an exposure test with an exposure calculator to determinate correct exposure
time for a complete cure.
Wet both sides of the screen with a strong, finely divided spray of water and continue washing out until all image areas are fully open. Rinse both sides of the screen and dry thoroughly before use. A properly exposed and developed screen will not leave residues on the squeegee side.
Post expose with daylight or exposure lamp to produce a more water-resistance stencil.
Remove all ink residues immediately after printing with an appropriate solvent. Remove stencil with Saatichem Remove ER1, ER2, ER4, ER5 or ER10 and a pressure washer. For stains and ghost images, use Saatichem Remove HR3 followed by a pressure washer.
Health & Safety
Before using, refer to appropriate material safety data sheets.
Poor Coating Quality
- Properly clean, degrease and rinse the screen to remove all residues and traces of chemicals
- Properly and evenly tension the fabric
- Clean and ensure the scoop coater does not present any defect edge
Poor Detail or Difficulty Washing Out Image
- Ensure emulsion and coated screens are handled in safelight conditions only
- Ensure a minimum vacuum of 0.66 bar (500 mmHg or 20 in Hg) on vacuum gauge for optimum contact of the positive
- Optimize exposure time and use only high quality film positives
- Do not store sensitized emulsion or coated screen at high temperatures
Emulsion Falls Off, Extreme Pinholes or Severe Stencil Breakdown During Printing
- Ensure that damp screens are not being exposed
- Only expose screens with an even and consistent coating thickness
- Ensure that stencil has not been severely underexposed
- Ensure mixed emulsion is not too old, has been correctly sensitized and has not been stored at high temperature
Difficulty Reclaiming Screens
- Not reclaimable once catalyzed
- Optimize exposure time and properly rinse the squeegee side of the screen during developing to remove all residual traces, especially when using higher mesh count dyed fabric
When sealed in the original container and stored in cool conditions, Saatichem products will maintain their original properties for one year from the date of production.
Textil PV is available in Quart, Gallon and 5-Gallon containers. Packaged with associated Diazo.