OPTIMA DUO CURE Emulsion - Gallon
General industrial and display graphics, compact disc, half-tone printing.
- Dual-cure direct emulsion for printing UV cured, plastisol and solvent-based inks.
- Excellent print definition on any mesh.
- Upon drying, stencils lack the tackiness typical of dual-cure emulsion 42% solids content.
- 42% solids content
- Very high solids content makes it suitable for a wide range of mesh counts
- Low friction stencil surface for improved durability when used with abrasive inks
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Handle under yellow safelight or low wattage tungsten lights. Avoid exposure to daylight, quartz/halogen lamps, cool white fluorescent lamps or discharge lamps.
Sensitizing & Mixing
Prepare Diazo as per instructions on the bottle. Add
the entire contents to the emulsion and mix thoroughly until a smooth consistency is obtained. Write the date of sensitizing on the label and then cover sensitized emulsion and let stand for a few hours to enable air bubbles to escape. Store sensitized emulsion in cool conditions and use within one month for best results.
Mesh Preparation & Degreasing
Degrease and abrade new mesh with SaatiChem Direct Prep 1 in order to optimize stencil adhesion; dry screen and store in a dust free, dry environment prior to coating. For further applications, thoroughly degrease mesh prior to use with SaatiChem Direct Prep 2.
Using a high quality scoop coater or coating trough, apply one or two coats to the substrate side of the screen, followed by one or two coats on the squeegee side. For a thicker stencil, apply additional coats to the squeegee side prior to drying. For a higher quality stencil with a minimal increase in stencil thickness, apply one or two additional coats to the substrate side of the screen after the initial coats have dried.
Drying & Storage
Thoroughly dry the coated screen at a maximum temperature of 104° F (40° C) in a dust free, dark or yellow light area, with the substrate side facing down to optimize stencil quality. Coated screens should be stored in a dust free, dry, safelight environment.
Ensure that all surfaces, emulsion, film and glass are free of dust to minimize pinholes.Contact emulsion side of positive with the substrate side of the screen and secure in position before placing the screen in a suitable vacuum frame. Many variables, such as lamp type and age, distance from lamp to screen, mesh type and coating thickness, can affect exposure time. Perform an exposure test with an exposure calculator to determinate correct exposure time for a complete cure.
Wet both sides of screen with a strong, finely divided spray of water and continue washing out until all image area are fully open. Rinse both sides of screen and dry thoroughly before use. A properly exposed and developed screen will not leave residue on the squeegee side.
Post expose with daylight or exposure lamp to produce a more water-resistance stencil.
Remove all ink residues immediately after printing with an appropriate solvent. Remove stencil with SaatiChem Remove ER1, ER2, ER4, or ER10 and a pressure washer. For stains and ghost images, use SaatiChem Remove HR3 followed by a pressure washer.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Before using, refer to appropriate material safety data sheets.
Poor Coating Quality
- Properly clean, degrease and rinse screen to remove all residues and trace of chemicals
- Properly and evenly tension fabric
- Clean and ensure defect edge on scoop coater
Poor Detail or Difficulty Washing Out Image
- Ensure emulsion and coated screens are handled in safelight conditions only
- Ensure a minimum vacuum of 0.66 bar (500 mmHg or 20 in Hg) on vacuum gauge for optimum contact of positive
- Optimize exposure time and use only high quality film positives
- Do not store sensitized emulsion or coated screen at high temperatures
Emulsion Falls Off, Extreme Pinholes or Severe Stencil Breakdown During Printing
- Ensure that damp screens are not being exposed
- Only expose screens with an even and consistent coating thickness
- Ensure that stencil has not been severely underexposed
Difficulty Reclaiming Screens
- Optimize exposure time and properly rinse squeegee side of screen during developing to remove all trace of residue, especially when using higher mesh count dyed fabric.
When sealed in the original container and stored in cool conditions, SaatiChem products will maintain their original properties for one year from the date of production.
Available in Quart, and 1 Gallon containers. Packaged with associated Diazo.
|Brands||Optima Performance Series|